Prof. Dr. Romain Quidant
Our research focuses on the interaction of light with nanostructures and in particular with metallic nanoparticles supporting plasmonic resonances. Activities cover both fundamental and applied research. Basic research is mainly directed towards enhanced light/matter interaction for quantum optics and optomechanics. From a more applied viewpoint, the group investigates news strategies to control light and heat at the nanometer scale for biomedical applications, including early detection and photothermal therapy of cancer.
- ERC Starting Grant PLASMOLIGHT (#259196) 2010-2015
- ERC Proof-of-Concept (PoC) Grant PELO, 2011-2012
- ERC Consolidator Grant QnanoMECA, 2015-2019
- ERC Proof-of-Concept (PoC) Grant SMARTLENS, 2015-2016
- Plan Nacional MECANANO , 2014-2016
- Fundació CELLEX Barcelona