The Nanophotonics Fabrication Lab (NPL) at ICFO is a transversal facility devoted to the
fabrication and characterization of nanostructured photonic devices. This laboratory, which is open to users both within and outside ICFO, includes state of the art
nanofabrication tools and techniques for a wide range of optical applications, ranging from biosensing to optical communications, and spanning a broad range
of materials, including polymers, semiconductors, metals, or crystals, among others. The laboratory also includes tools for advanced material and device
- Lithography: electron-beam and optical lithography
- Etching: ICP, RIE and wet etching
- Thin film deposition: thermal and electron-beam evaporation, sputtering, atomic layer deposition
- Surface preparation: plasma asher, UVO cleaner, ovens
- Characterization: SEM, EDX, atomic force microscopy, spectroscopic ellipsometry, profilometry, microscopy, etc.
- Specific controlled environment: glove boxes, fume hoods, laminar flows, etc.
The NPL is open to external collaborations with industry, research centers and Universities. In particular, the NPL has a formal collaboration agreement
with the CRnE of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. We are active hosts to Pan-European Research Infrastructures.
Lab Head: Gonçal Badenes