The NanoFabrication Lab (NFL) at ICFO is a transversal facility devoted to the
fabrication and characterization of nanostructured photonic devices. This laboratory, which is open to users both within and outside ICFO, includes
state of the art nanofabrication tools and techniques for a wide range of optical applications, ranging from biosensing to optical communications, and
spanning a broad range of materials, including polymers, semiconductors, metals, or crystals, among others. The laboratory also includes tools for
advanced material and device characterization.
- Lithography: electron-beam and optical lithography
- Etching: ICP, RIE and wet etching
- Thin film deposition: thermal and electron-beam evaporation, sputtering, atomic layer deposition
- Surface preparation: plasma asher, UVO cleaner, ovens
- Characterization: SEM, EDX, atomic force microscopy, spectroscopic ellipsometry, profilometry, microscopy, etc.
- Specific controlled environment: glove boxes, fume hoods, laminar flows, etc.
The NFL is open to external collaborations with industry, research centers and Universities. In particular, the NFL has a formal collaboration agreement
with the CRnE of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. We are active hosts to Pan-European
Lab Head: Gonçal Badenes